Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Where's Steven Darrow-Cherry Bomb Shelter

  1. #1
    Inactive Member abbagod's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Continuing with the question posed by Skunkboy1982 in another posting, does anyone know (or have any information on) Steven Darrow??

    For those of you who don't know who he is, back in the early 90's, Mr. Darrow ran Cherry Bomb Shelter. He issued a 'catalog' periodically, of items he had for sale by The Runaways and solo stuff as well.

    I sent away for his catalog after seeing an advertisement in GOLDMINE magazine and was blown away when I received it.

    He offered some real obscure items that I didn't even know existed (keep in mind, this was the early nineties). He offered Japanese pressings of all The Runaways' albums, a promo poster for 'Messin' With The Boys', that issue of CHOPPERS magazine with Cherie and Jackie (?) on the cover and a rare 45 by Sandy West and much more.

    I had ordered the Japanese LP of 'Beauty's Only Skin Deep' and a Japanese promo for 'Waitin' For The Night'. The quality of each item (especially Beauty's) was INCREDIBLE...and reasonably priced as well!!

    Just wondered if anyone remembers him or has any information on Steven Darrow.

    Thanks much!

    -abbagod-

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lady-of-glenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I remember Steven Darrow well!
    I once collected a lot of stuff and also had lots of stuff twice, I traded some things with him and always got real rare quality items!
    I heard he was/ is also a good friend of Sandy... but I haven't heard from him since years...
    Ute

  3. #3
    Inactive Member RockinSheri's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another cool rocker, Steven Darrow! I guess there are a lot of us "veterans" around!

    Sheri

  4. #4
    Inactive Member abbagod's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for your responses ladies!

    I'm glad to see that Skunkboy and I are not the only ones to remember the 'oldies but goodies'.

    -abbagod-

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lady-of-glenmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Thank you so much Gus for not forgetting me [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Dignitaries? How about fellow fans?

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I could never forget you Ute. I've loved hearing you recall your experiences meeting and interviewing the Runaway girls!

    What's your point Jeff?
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My point is just that we are all fans...is that ok? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Skunkboy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just the word you chose seemed to put a few people on a pedastal. We're all fans...we're all here. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our lady-of glenmore should also be included amounst the dignitaries. She was the editor of "Blackmail News", the Runaways fanzine!

    Hi Ute!!! Nice to see you again!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic